This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Despite the tireless work of our staff, A la Ronde would not be the same without the help of our volunteers.
There are loads of volunteer opportunities available with something to suit all interests. Here is just a sample:
- Gardener: Enjoy the fresh air and help us maintain our beautiful garden
- Room guide: Welcome visitors and tell them stories about this magical house
- Shop volunteer: Gain retail and customer experience helping out at our shop
- Conservator: Help preserve our collections for future generations to enjoy
- Researcher: Uncover the history of A la Ronde and its inhabitants
- Pianist: Provide a musical welcome and have fun playing a grand piano
- Administrator: Give us a hand with the day to day running of our busy office
- Ticket and raffle sales: Help run stalls during busy events and raise funds with our regular raffle
For more information and other volunteering opportunities please get in touch.
Just a few good reasons to join in...
- Meet new people and make great friends
- Learn new skills and enhance your CV
- Spend more time at this beautiful house and grounds
- Get closer to our unique collections and discover their history
- Help us protect the house for future visitors to enjoy
- Go behind the scenes and find out what goes into running A la Ronde day to day
- Help us ensure every visit to A la Ronde is a magical one
Room guides urgently needed
We need guides for seven-day opening in 2013. If you enjoy meeting people and have an interest in heritage this could be a role for you.
To find out more email or call 01395 26551
Try a taster session
Share your skills and learn some new ones.
Try a taster session shadowing one of our existing volunteers to see if the role could be for you.
A range of opportunities
Not sure about room guiding? We'd like to talk to volunteers who could play the piano in the Music Room or perhaps sell raffle tickets which help fund our conservation projects?