This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
A fun day out with oodles of ideas for all ages
Wildlife Discovery Area
Take the woodland path to the Hoe Fen Wildlife Discovery Area.
Its a wonderful place for children to get close to nature and play in the wild.
Explore habitats, dens and artistic structures, see what creatures you can spot from the wildlife watch hut.
- Our inspiration station is shaped like a pine cone
- Look out for it somewhere in reception
- Pick up a family activity pack to help you explore the bug world
- ... or uncover mythical beast and Greek gods amongst the statues
- Choose gadgets and art materials to start your voyage of discovery
We love ....
- Drawing wildlife sightings with an art pack
- Being a pirate and setting sail in the tree boathouse
- Building magnificent dens
- Making a memory stick in the wild wood
- Spying on bugs and hearing birds sing
- Telling stories in the story telling circle
- Setting out on an adventure with a special activity pack
- Looking at animal habitats
- Watching activity on a pond from a hidden hide
Eating in or out?
- The restaurant offers a wide variety of home cooked meals and snacks
- Children can make up their own lunchboxes
- High chairs and bottle warming are available
- We have colouring sets, story books and toys to keep young children occupied
- There is a picnic area near the restaurant
- or find a shady spot in the garden if the sun is shining
- Nature's Wild Diner for BBQ meals in the Wildlife Discovery Area (weekends)