Engineer for the day gift experience
Be an engineer for the day on Gondola
For a truly memorable, unique and thrilling experience, ‘Engineer for the Day’ on Steam Yacht Gondola is unbeatable.
Roll up your sleeves and join the crew for a hands-on adventure. You’ll spend time up on the helm as well as experiencing life in the engine room of our magnificent, rebuilt, Victorian steam boat.
We’ll kit you out with a Steam Yacht Gondola branded set of overalls (so you don’t get those rolled-up sleeves dirty) and show you how to work old-fashioned steam technology.
From the moment you arrive until the minute you leave you can choose to be as involved with the many and varied aspects of crewing Gondola as you wish. You’ll learn all sorts of fascinating things about what it takes to run the boat from our friendly, knowledgeable crew.
In addition, included in your day is a complimentary family ticket for one of the day’s sailings so that your nearest and dearest can enjoy some of the experience with you.
During the day you will:
- learn to light the boiler and raise steam
- feed the firebox with our environmentally friendly fuel logs, take on water and tend the engine
- learn how to tie up the boat at the jetty and set up the passenger gangway
- try your hand at helming in the stunning surroundings of Coniston Water
- enjoy a hearty packed lunch provided by the Bluebird Café
- discover the history of the boat and learn how she was resurrected from the depths of Coniston Water
- share your experience with friends and family onboard Gondola
You’ll leave as an ‘honorary member’ of the crew with your Steam Yacht Gondola overalls as a memento of your fabulous day with us, along with a complimentary guidebook and Steam Yacht Gondola engineer’s mug.
Whether it’s a treat for yourself or a present for someone special, ‘Engineer for the Day’ is an experience to treasure.
Cost: The cost of the day's package is £345, but you can SAVE 10% by booking online.
Alternatively, email us for more information and a booking form.