Lyveden Tearoom, now open for business
Latest update 16.05.2013 12:05
The Cottage at Lyveden Tearoom has been renovated and is now providing visitors with delicious refreshments and a very warm welcome.
The cottage itself has an intriguing history of its own. It was built around 1690, using abandoned stone from the New Bield. For years it served as a small farmstead and gamekeeper’s lodge, even after the National Trust acquired Lyveden New Bield. In fact in 1958 the Trust advertised in the Times and Country Life for a hermit to live at the Cottage, but with no electricity or running water this was a big ask.
What we’re doing
The cottage has now been transformed, whilst still retaining reminders of its considerable age and history. Situated a stone’s throw from the New Bield itself, your refreshment will be accompanied by glorious surroundings.
Whether popping in for a quick cuppa, treating yourself to a cream tea or some cake, or enjoying a little savoury something, the Cottage at Lyveden Tearoom is well worth a visit.
From 1 May – 29 September, Lyveden New Bield and its brand new tearoom is open every day from 10.30am to 5pm.
For more details, please call 01832 205358.