South East Christmas 2013 family pass competition
Lots of our special places in the South East have fabulous Christmas traditions. Have you heard about the archers at Bodiam Castle that traditionally gather to shoot Christmas puddings? Or why there’s presents wrapped in Harrods paper under the tree at Emmetts Garden. You can find out more about these stories on our website but we’d like to hear about your Christmas traditions too.
Do you always go for a walk at Box Hill on Boxing Day? Do you have to wait until the fairy is on the top of the tree before you turn on the fairy lights? How do you rekindle the magic of Christmas? Tell us about your Christmas traditions or send us photo for a chance to win a free family day pass.
We’ve got 24 family day passes to give away. The passes allow up to 2 adults and 2 children entry to one of our special places. We will be giving away up to 5 a week to our favourite stories between 18 November and 24 December 2013. For your chance to win, please send stories about your Christmas traditions to the London and South East Team through our Facebook page or Twitter pages.
Here's how to enter:
To be in with a chance of winning one of the family day passes, all you need to do is either:
Tweet us @southeasntnt telling us about your tradition using both the hashtag #rekindlethemagic
Leave a comment about your Christmas tradition on our Rekindle the Magic Facebook post on the National Trust London and South East Facebook page.
You can enter once per day Facebook or Twitter.
Got any questions?
If you've got any questions about the competition or how to get involved, please get in touch with us via Twitter @southeastnt, or email email@example.com
Terms and conditions
- This competition is open to all residents of the UK, except for employees of the National Trust, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all terms and conditions are adhered to. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants may enter up to one entry per social media channel per day.
- Entrants under the age of 16 must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian prior to submitting any images.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the consent of anyone who is identifiable in that image or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16 and that they have been advised of the purpose of the submission and that their photograph may be published by the National Trust.
- Entrants must ensure that any photographs they are submitting are their own work, that they own the copyright for them and that they do not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party or any laws.
- Entrants will retain copyright and moral rights in their submitted images however, by entering, all entrants (a) grant the National Trust non-exclusive rights to use the images to promote the competition the images were submitted to or for similar future competitions within a five year period of the winners of the competition being announced; (b) agree that the use referred to at Clause 8(a) above may include publishing, displaying or otherwise reproducing the images (whether on the internet, in the National Trust Magazine, in exhibitions or otherwise) provided such use is for the purposes of promoting the competition or similar future competitions only; and (c) agree that the National Trust may contact them using the contact details they provide to discuss potential use of the images beyond promotion of the competition. Such discussion and negotiation will be independent from the competition and will not affect entrants’ chances of winning.
- Winners will be notified through a direct message via Twitter if entry is by Twitter, or by a reply message on the London and South East Facebook page if entry is by Faceboook by 24 Dec 2013. In order to receive notification entrants must follow the National Trust London and South East on Twitter or Facebook.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the judges reserve the right to select another winner from the eligible entries which were received before the closing date.
- The overall winners will receive a family day pass that permits entry of up to 2 adults and 2 children to one of our places as listed on the pass
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Prizes can only be sent to UK postal addresses.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the National Trust and accordingly the National Trust may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
- The entrant agrees that this promotion in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or their partners.
- The entrant acknowledges that that this promotion is the sole responsibility of the National Trust and releases Facebook, Twitter or their partners from all responsibility in relation to the promotion.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.