Getting married at the Kymin
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
One of the highest wedding venues in Wales with spectacular views across the surrounding countryside, The Kymin, on the edge of Monmouth, South Wales, provides an intimate setting for your special day.
This 250m (820ft) high hill is topped with two landmark buildings – a Georgian banqueting house known as the Round House, where your ceremony will take place, and a Naval Temple. The beautiful grounds include a large lawn and woodlands – perfect for photographs.
The Round House
The two-storey Georgian banqueting house was built in 1794 by local gentry for use as a small, private dining club and commands fantastic views stretching as far as the Brecon Beacons, providing a wonderful backdrop for your big day.
Your ceremony will take place upstairs in the circular dining room where Lord Nelson and Lady Hamilton breakfasted together in 1802. This intimate room is the ideal place for a smaller wedding, with space for a maximum of 20 guests.
Our downstairs room can be used for serving champagne and cake, but it can be used for the ceremony to accommodate any members of the party with disabilities – we’re happy to tailor the day to your needs.
The important details
• We provide you with exclusive use of the Round House for the duration of your ceremony.
• Our price for 2014 is £525, including VAT. A 50% deposit is payable when you book.
• You will have access to all parts of our 10-acre pleasure grounds during your wedding, where your special day can be captured on camera with stunning scenery.
• Both live and recorded music are permitted, but the content must be checked with the registrar.
• Your wedding can be held on any day the Round House is available, but if you would like to hold your wedding on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday between the end of March and the end of October, the ceremony must be after 4.30pm once we have closed to the public.
• Due to the small size of the building we limit the number of guests to 20, plus the bride and groom, registrars and any babies.
• The main car park is approximately 60m from the Round House and the disabled car park is just a couple of metres away.
If you have any questions, would like to arrange a viewing of the Round House or would like to book your wedding, please contact us via email or phone 01600 719241.