Lentil and tomato soup
Starters and soups
- Serves: 6
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 400g (14oz) chopped tinned tomatoes
- 100g (3.5oz) red lentils
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- Cooking oil
- 1.2 litres (2.1 pints) vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Heat oil and fry onions in a saucepan until transparent.
- Add all remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes until the lentils are tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Blend to the consistency you prefer and season to taste.