Standen parsnip and apple soup
Starters and soups
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g onion, sliced
- 500g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 500g cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1litre vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a clean saucepan, heat the oil and sweat off onions and garlic until soft.
- Add rest of the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer until parsnips and apples are soft.
- Blend with a hand blender.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with some crusty bread.