Castle Ward Bunkhouse
Castle Ward Bunkhouse is situated in the 820 acres of woodland and shore line of the Castle Ward estate. The accommodation is an ideal venue for corporate or private groups of up to 14 individuals and can also accommodate up to 12 tents with two gas BBQ's provided.
The facilities provide for all modern needs whether your interest is voluntary work, team building breaks, outdoor pursuits or family and friends retreat. Enjoy our extensive walking and cycling trails, visit the mansion house and barn indoor play area or picnic in the exotic Victorian Sunken Garden.
|Rooms and units|
|1 x room for sharing (sleeps 2)|
|2 x dormitory room - not en suite (sleeps 6)|
The bunkhouse sleeps 14 persons only; groups with more than this number will also be required to book the adjacent campsite.
Note: we only provide pillows and mattress covers. You must bring your own bedding.
|Weekend bookings: 12pm Friday to 8pm Sunday|
|Week bookings: 12pm Monday to 12pm Friday|
|Midweek bookings: Variations may be arranged|
Youth organisations and Clearsky Ltd.
|Groups engaged in voluntary work for National Trust||Campsite|
|Per weekend:||£450||£330||£225||£180 (max. 12 tents)|
Conditions for booking the bunkhouse
Booking forms must be returned with payment in full within seven days, to confirm booking. If not returned within this time the booking will be cancelled.
- In the event of cancellation there will be a fee of £50 to cover office administration.
- A cancellation charge of 50% of the total booking fee will be levied unless notification is received 48 hours before arrival date.
- In the event of any damage to either the bunkhouse or its contents, an invoice may be sent to you to cover repairs. This may include the cost of extra cleaning if required (minimum cost £100 + VAT).
- Groups using the bunkhouse must ensure that the bunkhouse, its contents and the immediate area are left clean and tidy ready for use. Cleaning materials are provided. Groups that leave the bunkhouse in an untidy state may find a request to book in future will be refused.
- Outdoor footwear is to be removed on entry to the cottage and left on boot rack provided. Slipper socks or slippers are suggested for indoor wear.
- Any damage to, or loss, must be reported to the caretaker immediately.
- Refuse will be disposed of by the warden.
- Provide your own washing-up liquid (eco-friendly please), drying cloths and kindling.
- Bring torches - no candles are permitted.
- Bring a small first aid kit to supplement the one in the bunkhouse.
- Dogs are not permitted in the bunkhouse.
- Booking the bunkhouse does not imply automatic use of the adjacent camping area and vice versus.