What's New at Great Langdale Campsite
- A bread oven. Fresh bread, croissants and pain au chocolat available every morning
- We've started producing our own electricity using solar panels on the reception roof
- Fixed orienteering course - maps are available from reception for £1.50
- Stay in a luxury shepherd hut
- Our camping pods now have heating and lighting
- Brand new bouldering wall – come and have a go at climbing
- Hot drinks now available in the shop
New Biomass Heating
We have now converted from LPG to wood fuel heating at the campsite. The 'piece de resistance' is the casing for the biomass boiler which has also provided us with a space for our new bouldering wall.
This project is helping us reach our overall plan to reduce greenhouse emissions and to meet, if not exceed, the UK government’s target of cutting carbon emissions by 60% by 2050.
Biomass heating will be used for hot showers, washing, pot wash, heating reception, staff accommodation as well as eventually heating the drying rooms.
The conversion is expected to reduce the campsite’s carbon emissions by a massive 88 per cent.