What's new at Low Wray
We've been listening to your feedback and have been working on a programme of improvements to the campsite - including the introduction of more facilities:
- The shop and reception have been relocated to the centre of the campsite with a wider and more varied range of items for sale, including local meats and bakery products and a local information point
- There's a new footbridge over the river which previously separated the two halves of the campsite
- We now have completely refurbished toilet and shower blocks
- There's a brand new fixed orienteering course which covers the whole site - maps available from reception for £1.50
- We have children's activity packs available at reception with suggested campsite-based activities for young children
- There are now more camping pods on site
- We have a new picnic and play area
- Brand new bird hide near reception - watch our feathered friends from our specially constructed viewing platform
- Hot drinks are now available from the campsite shop – we offer tea, coffee, hot chocolate and various other warming drinks – perfect to go with your morning croissant.
Hire bikes now available
We've got hybrids, mountain-bikes and electric bikes available for full and half day sessions and great value multi-day rates. Book at reception and get great advice on routes from our cycle-mad staff.
New lakeshore footpath to Wray Castle
Our Rangers have opened up a beautiful new footpath which leads from the campsite up to Wray Castle along the shore of Windermere – the views are stunning with access to some lovely beaches and picnic spots. You can also now reach the boat landing this way to get you across the lake to Ambleside, Bowness and Brockhole (the National Park visitor centre).
Keep visiting this page for the latest news about Low Wray campsite.