Education Group Membership
Education Group Membership entitles education groups to free entry to all of our properties for one year.
Membership is open to non-profit-making groups whose members are in full-time education.
Benefits of Education Group Membership
Education group members are entitled to free entry to all properties owned by the National Trust during published opening times. The membership covers all entry, except when special education activities are offered by a property.
Education group members' pack
You will receive:
- the annual Members’ Handbook
- the Guide for Education Visitors
- the Trust's membership mailings three times a year with the National Trust Magazine
Free planning and preparation visits to sites for group leaders
Membership entitles card-holders to make as many pre-booked visits during the year as desired. Group leaders are also entitled to make free planning and preparation visits to sites. Such visits also benefit from being booked in advance as this enables the property staff to familiarise leaders fully with the site being visited.
- All visits made by education group members must be booked in advance, and we recommend booking a minimum of seven days in advance.
- Please ensure that group leaders present a valid Education Group Membership card when visiting. If a card is not produced, then normal party admission fees will be charged. Should a card be lost or stolen, please contact our Membership Department on 0844 800 1895, who will issue a replacement card.
- As many of our properties contain fragile historical remains and some areas where there may be hazards, we require one accompanying adult for every ten pupils. Please note that this also means the number admitted to a property at any one time is entirely at the discretion of the Property Manager.
We are pleased to extend Education Group Membership to home-educating families, in order to ensure that home-educated children have access to the same discounted entrance arrangements as traditional schools.
So that we can distinguish between this membership category and full family membership, home-educating families using their Education Group Membership are entitled to visit during school term time only. We are unable to extend this membership category to cover visits made by home-educating families during Bank Holidays, weekends or school holidays.
Applying for Education Group Membership
Please contact our Membership Department who will be happy to supply an application form:
The National Trust
PO Box 39
Cheshire WA5 7WD
Telephone: 0844 800 1895
Minicom:0844 800 4410
Or download the application form, complete and send to the address above.
For membership that begins immediately, enquire at any National Trust property, shop or countryside information point.
We look forward to welcoming you and your education group to our properties.
Costs and categories
|Home educating family||£34.50|
|Under 50 pupils||£34.50|
|Over 500 pupils||£85.00|
|Tertiary field study||£109.00|