Camping and caravanning at Castle Ward
Tucked away on Strangford Avenue in the stunning 820-acre Demesne, the caravan park offers a beautiful location for relaxing holidays.
From the caravan park, you can explore the many trails that wind their way through atmospheric woodland, gardens and parklands. Take time during your holiday and discover how the Ward family created the demesne over a 400-year period.
- The caravan park consists of 28 hard-stand sites, all serviced with electric and water.
- We accommodate up to 11 tents on the central green.
- The park offers excellent shower and toilet facilities, including disabled access and baby changing.
- The laundry consists of two token-operated washing machines and tumble dryers, and includes indoor hot water washing-up facilities for campers.
- A stand off drain for campers is also provided.
- The caravan park is open all year.
Grid Ref: J5850
Activities on the Demesne
The Castle Ward Demesne offers a range of activities to keep everyone occupied. Surrounded by 35km of trails, there's plenty of space for walking and cycling with bikes. These are available for hire from Clearsky Adventure Centre.
If you’re feeling adventurous, they also offer:
- archery lessons
- laser clay pigeon shooting
- Strangford Lough by kayak
With an 18th-century mansion, gardens, stableyard, farmyard, and Barn - there’s more than a day can hold.
Booking your pitch
Booking line opens Monday 3 November 2014.
You can book through reception via telephone 028 4488 1204. Booking line open Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm only.
Payment is made in full at the time of booking.
For enquiries telephone 028 4488 1204 or email Castle Ward accommodation
|Visitors||Low Season||High Season|
|Large Tent (Family)||£32.00||£35.00|
|Small Tent (1 Adult)||£18.04||£20.04|
|Large Tent (1 Adult)||£22.04||£25.04|
|Caravan (1 Adult)||£25.04||£26.04|
|Small Tent (2 Adult)||£24.67||£26.67|
|Large Tent (2 Adult)||£28.67||£31.67|
|Caravan (2 Adult)||£31.67||£32.67|
|Standard Pod (P1&P2)||£38|
|Family Pod (P3&P4)||£48|
High Season: 1st March 2015 to 31st October 2015 (inclusive)
Low Season: 1st November 2015 to 29th February 2016 (inclusive)
* Small tent is defined as a two man tent.
* Our tent pitches are 12ft x 12ft. Any tents bigger than this will be charged accordingly.
Caravan park Cancellation Policy
A cancellation charge of 50% of the total booking fee will be levied unless notification is received in person by telephone between 10am - 4pm Monday – Friday 48 hours before 2pm on arrival date.
Transferred bookings cannot be transferred into the next financial year.
Only one transfer date will be allowed. If this is not taken up no refund will be allocated.