Standing Committees of the Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees has four committees which assist it with particular aspects of its responsibilities:
- The Audit Committee assists the Board of Trustees in discharging its oversight responsibilities. It oversees our financial reporting process and reviews the effectiveness of our risk management and internal control systems, as well as the internal audit function and external audit process.
- The Appointments Committee assists the Board of Trustees with the appointments processes the Board is responsible for. These include recommending suitable non-Trustee candidates for standing and other ad hoc committees of the Board, and Chairmen of Regional/Country Advisory Boards and Chairmen of Advisory panels.
- The Senior Management Remuneration Committee assists the Board of Trustees in discharging its HR responsibilities. It agrees the remuneration and terms of employment of the Director-General and all other directors and senior members of staff, and reviews our management succession plan.
- The Investment Committee assists the Board of Trustees in its monitoring of our investments and external investment managers as well as making recommendations on a number of related matters.
Committees of the Council
The Council establishes Nominations Committees to assist the Council with a range of elections and appointments:
- Appointment of the Chairman and Deputy Chairman
- Candidates for the Board of Trustees
- Candidates for election to the Council
- Six yearly review of the Appointing Bodies to the Council