Cracking Gromit Cookies
Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 110g butter (softened)
- 55g soft brown sugar
- 20g (1 dessertspoon) black treacle
- 5g (1 dessertspoon) mixed spice
- 170g plain flour
- 100g black coloured ready to roll icing
- 50g white coloured ready to roll icing
- Icing sugar
Large mixing bowl, spoons, weighing scales, baking sheets, baking parchment or
greaseproof paper, rolling pin, Gromit cookie cutter, small round (1cm) cutter,
piping bag, palette knife.
The Gromit cookie cutters are part of our great range of Wallace & Gromit gifts which can be purchased from our online shop.
- Make sure that all your ingredients are at room temperature before you begin.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C Gas 3.
- Place the butter, sugar, black treacle and spice in a large bowl and mix together with a large spoon.
- When the butter is well mixed and fluffy add the flour and mix until the mixture
- Use your hands to form the mix into a large ball of dough and work gently until soft.
Sprinkle flour on the worktop and place the dough on it.
- Roll out to around 5mm thickness and use the cutter to cut the desired shapes.
- Place on a lined baking tray and put into the oven for around 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Use the coloured icing to make the ears nose and eyes and place on the cookie accordingly.