Chicken in a honey, mustard & lemon sauce
- Serves: 6
- Preparation time: 12 hours
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 6 chicken breast and leg joints
- 340g runny honey
- 2 fresh lemons, juiced
- 40ml wholegrain mustard
- 1tsp cornflour
- Water to mix with cornflour
- 8g chicken stock granules
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the honey, lemon juice and mustard to make a marinade. Marinate the chicken overnight, or for at least 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and season. Do not discard the marinade.
- Roast the chicken pieces on a tray for about 35 minutes or until cooked. Leave to rest.
- Meanwhile put the marinade in a pan with the stock granules and heat slowly until boiling.
- Lower the heat, add the cornflour and water mix and stir until thickened.
- When the sauce is ready, put the chicken on a serving plate and cover with the sauce. Serve with a salad or seasonal vegetables.