Greys Court warming winter kale soup recipe
Starters and soups
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 large onion
300g black kale, also known as Cavalo nero or black cabbage
1 litre vegetable stock
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp fresh herbs, chopped, (thyme, parsley etc)
30ml vegetable oil
200g cooked cannelloni beans
- Peel and crush garlic cloves, then peel onion and chop roughly.
- Heat oil in large pan and sauté garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
- Chop washed potatoes (no need to peel) into 1cm chunks. Add to pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add herbs and stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Wash cabbage and chop. Add to soup and cover, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Depending on your preference, you can liquidise the soup or leave it chunky.
- Add cannelloni beans and heat through.
Serve with chunks of crusty bread.