Stourhead Easter egg nests recipe
Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 6
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 225g (8oz) plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 75g (3oz) cornflakes
- 36 Mini Eggs (chocolate)
- Line a fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- Melt chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Remove bowl from heat and gently stir in cornflakes until coated in the chocolate.
- Divide mixture between paper cases and press 3 chocolate eggs into the centre of each nest.
- Chill in the fridge for one hour, or until completely set.