Quick chocolate and chestnut mousse
Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Cooking time:
200g Dark chocolate
435g Tinned chestnut puree
200g Crème fraiche – full fat
100g Icing sugar – sieved
300ml Double cream – lightly whipped
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a bowl over warm water.
- Using a hand whisk, add the chestnut puree to the melted chocolate & whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the crème fraiche & icing sugar.
- Carefully fold in the whipped cream until smooth.
- Spoon the mousse into your chosen individual moulds or rings & leave to set in the fridge.
- Serve with homemade shortbread fingers & a little whipped cream. ~Decorate with grated chocolate.
Be sure to use unsweetened chestnut puree, as it can be found in both natural & sweetened forms.