Lamb's wool punch
- Serves: 6
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
4 eating apples
1.25lt brown ale
500ml sweet white wine
A cinnamon stick
Half tsp ground nutmeg
Half tsp ground ginger
Thin strip of lemon rind
Soft dark brown sugar to taste.
- Cut a slit round the centre of each apple.
- Bake in the oven at 180c/350f/G4 until soft and pulpy.
- Heat the ale, wine, spices and lemon rind in a large pan.
- Remove the apple flesh from the skins and mash. Stir into the liquid.
- Pass the liquid through a sieve, pressing through the pulp.
- Reheat, adding brown sugar to taste.
- Serve steaming from a punch bowl.