Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 80g unsalted butter – at room temperature
- 80g soft brown sugar – at room temperature
- 80g self-raising flour – at room temperature
- 2 large eggs – at room temperature and beaten.
- 80g glace cherries – halved
- 25ml brandy
- 40g sultanas
- 50g dried figs – chopped
- Grated zest of an orange
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/G4.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Fold in the zest and flour, followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 15 minutes, until golden and risen.
- Remove the cakes from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate with white water icing and edible silver and gold balls. Alternatively with Christmas motifs made out of coloured icing.