Spicy parsnip soup recipe from Lanhydrock
Starters and soups
- Serves: 6
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
3tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 leeks (sliced)
2 potatoes (chopped)
6 parsnips (chopped)
2-3 tsp curry paste
2 pints vegetable stock
- Thinly slice the onions.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and fry until just starting to colour.
- Add the mustard and cumin seeds and fry until nicely browned.
- Add the vegetables and curry paste and stir until well coated.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, partly cover, then simmer for 30 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Pureé the soup in batches then return to the pan.
- Taste and season as required.