Brandy butter recipe from Stourhead, Wiltshire
Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 6
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 75g (3oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 75g (3oz) icing sugar
- Grated zest of 1/2 orange
- 2–3 tablespoons brandy
The initial part of the method has two options to choose from:
- You can put the butter, about half of the sugar and the orange zest in a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Alternatively, beat half of the sugar and the orange zest into the butter by hand, with a wooden spoon.
Stir in the brandy, then beat in the rest of the sugar.
The mixture should be soft enough to spoon but stiff enough to stand up in peaks when you fork it into a bowl to serve.