Devilled fowl recipe from Stourhead
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
2 cold chicken or turkey joints, pre-cooked
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fruity chutney (apple, mango, plum – whatever is in the cupboard)
1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
1 teaspoon minced chilli or a good shake of Tabasco sauce (according to taste)
- Preheat the grill to high. Mix the ingredients for the marinade into a paste.
- Slash the skin and flesh of the pre-cooked chicken or turkey with a sharp knife. Spread the spicy mixture over the flesh and into the slashes.
- Optional: leave the meat to rest and soak up the marinade for a couple of hours.
- Grill, turning once, at about 10cm (4in) from the element, until sizzling and hot throughout. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve with green salad.