Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 1kg mixed dried fruit - soaked overnight with the brandy, sherry or rum
- 100g dried cranberries
- 1 cooking apple, peeled and chopped
- 150g suet
- 100g chopped nuts
- 250g dark brown sugar
- 2 level teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 level teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 orange, juice and zest
- 200ml brandy, run or sherry
Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir well.
Put into sterilized jars.
Label and seal with jam pot covers.
Store in a cool place. Leave to mature for 1-2 months for flavour to develop.