Victorian marmalade pudding
Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
This recipe makes a 1.5 litre pudding
- 150g suet
- 150g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 100g caster sugar
- 1tsp orange flower water
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 75ml milk
- 420g marmalade
- 150g self-raising flour
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Lightly grease a 1.5 litre pudding basin.
- Thoroughly combine the suet, caster sugar and breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the orange flower water, orange zest, eggs and half the marmalade.
- Sift in the flour and stir well to make a stiff mixture.
- Divide the mixture equally between the pudding basins.
- Cover each pudding with a disc of baking paper.
- Securely tie a piece of foil over each pudding.
- Steam for two and a half hours.
- Allow the pudding to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream, custard or vanilla ice-cream.