Powis Castle Chicken and Leek Crumble
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 100g soft margarine
- 100g fresh leeks
- 75g cornflour
- 400ml milk
- 20g fresh tarragon
- 350g chicken diced (breast and thigh)
- Salt & pepper to season
For the crumble:
- 100g flour
- 50g butter or margarine
- The butter should be rubbed into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Steam leeks for around 10 minutes. Drain & keep warm.
- Blend cornflour with 75ml milk. Heat remaining milk until it is beginning to boil, then pour in cornflour mixture, stirring continuously. Return mixture to the pan and heat gently until the sauce comes to the boil and thickens, stirring continuously. Simmer for around 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add margarine to the pan with the tarragon, leeks and chicken Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well. Spoon chicken mixture into pie dish. Sprinkle crumble on top.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes and then serve.