Barrington Court Pumpkin, Leek and Cheese Tart
- Serves: 6
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
Try using perfection, butternut, acorn or gem squash instead of pumpkin.
- 1 pastry case, baked blind, made with 250g of chives
- 150g (5oz) leeks, sliced into 1 cm rounds and well washed (prepared weight)
- 150g (5oz) cooked pumpkin, mashed smooth
- 120g (4½ oz) cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 150ml (5 floz) double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oven to 180ºC / 360ºF.
- Cook the leeks in the oil until soft.
- Mix the eggs with the cream and parsley and season well.
- Stir in the leeks, cheese and pumpkin.
- Pour into the pastry case and bake for 25-30 minutes until set and golden.