Sissinghurst honey, walnut and cobnut tart
Starters and soups
- Serves: 1
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 x 8” pastry case baked blind
- 4 medium eggs (ours come from our tenant farmer)
- 170g Demerara sugar
- 80g melted butter
- 100g walnut pieces
- 100g cobnuts toasted
- 100ml honey
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar, honey and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Place the walnuts and cobnuts into the pastry case, pour mixture over the nuts.
- Bake 150°C for 30 mins or until the filling is set.