Long Mynd rabbit braised in Shropshire cider
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- 1 rabbit, jointed
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 medium sized potato
- 1 piece of celery
- Half an onion
- Half litre cider
- 1 teaspoon of English mustard
- Chop the onion and celery and soften in a little oil.
- Dust the joints of rabbit in seasoned flour and brown in a separate pan.
- Place the rabbit on top of the softened onion and celery, and add the other ingredients.
- Cover with the cider, bring to the boil and simmer for approximately 1 hour until the rabbit is tender.
- Check and adjust the seasoning.