Anglesey Abbey's Apple and Pear Crumble
Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 250g butter
- 250g plain flour
- 4 cooking apples
- 2 pears
- 1oz cinnamon
- 50oz sugar
- Peel and core the apples and pears and cut into thick slices.
- Heat up a thick bottom pan with a knob of butter add apples, pear, cinnamon and a splash of water cook until soft but not mushy.
- Rub the butter into the flour in a bowl until the mixture resembles breadcrumb.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Put the apples and pear into an ovenproof dish and put the crumble on top.
- Pre heat oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas mark 4.
- Place crumble into oven and cook until golden brown remove from oven and leave to cool a little and serve with vanilla custard.