Wimpoles Beetroot Tart
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 2 hours
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- 1kg cooked, thinly sliced beetroot
- 500g pie pastry
- 500g chopped leeks
- 50g margarine
- 200g cream cheese
- 10 fl oz whipping cream
- 2 free range eggs
- A handful of chopped coriander
- Thinly line an 8” flan dish with your favourite pie pastry and bake blind.
- Sweat the leeks with the margarine.
- Mix in the cheese and coriander.
- Fold in the thinly sliced cooked beetroot and spread all the mixture into the flan dish.
- Whisk the cream and eggs together. Pour over the tart.
- Cook in the oven at 180oc for approximately 30 mins or until set and golden.
Chef’s Tip: Add a little grain mustard to the pastry