Spinach and Cheese Flan
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 6 oz (175 g) short crust pastry
- 1lb (450 g) spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz (225 g) cottage cheese
- 2 meduium free-range eggs
- 2 oz (50 g) parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ pint (150 ml) milk
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 6 (400°F/200°C).
- Roll out the short crust pastry and line an 8" (20.5 cm) flan case with it. Put into the fridge to chill whilst you're preparing the filling.
- Wash the spinach and put into a large pan with just enough water to cling to the leaves. Add a pinch of salt and cook gently for 5 minutes, turning twice.
- Drain the spinach thoroughly and chop finely.
- Mix the eggs, milk, cottage cheese and parmesan cheese together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the finely chopped spinach.
- Pour into the flan case and bake in a for around 35 minutes.
- A pinch of grated nutmeg into the mixture goes well if liked