Five bean salad
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 250g (8oz) green beans, cooked
- 250g (8oz) peas, cooked
- 250g (8oz) wax beans, cooked
- 250g (8oz) garbanzo or lima beans, cooked
- 250g (8oz) kidney beans, cooked
- 125g (4oz) chopped cauliflower
- 125g (4oz) chopped celery
- 125g (4oz) chopped onion
- 125g (4oz) chopped green pepper
- 125g (4oz) chopped sweet vinegar peppers
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup cider or white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Empty beans, cauliflower, celery, onion, and peppers into a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl or blender, combine sugar, paprika, vinegar, garlic, hot pepper flakes and oil.
- Pour over vegetables; stir together well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.