Cliveden orchard cake
Puddings and cakes
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 75g (3oz) butter
- 150g (6oz) caster sugar
- 225g (8oz) self raising flour
- 450g (1lb) cooking apples, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2tbsp milk
- 1tbsp granulated sugar
- 2tsp cinnamon
- Grease and line a 23cm (9in) cake tin.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until light and creamy.
- Mix the apples with the sieved flour.
- Beat the eggs and the milk into the butter mix.
- Add the flour, spice and apples and blend well.
- Turn into prepared tin and sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 180°C (gas mark 4/350°F) for 40 to 50 minutes until golden brown.