Walled Kitchen Garden Savoury Crumble
- Serves: 6
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
2 tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil
1 large onion finely chopped
2 courgettes, sliced
Diced pumpkin flesh (about 250g) or squash
Or any vegetable you really like – celery, parsnip, celeriac - maybe the contents of your Arlington Court Veg box – only £6 from the shop.
2 carrots sliced
4 fresh tomatoes quartered
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Handful of fresh herbs (parsley, basil, thyme) whatever takes your fancy, roughly chopped
500g plain flour
250g soft butter or margarine
Fresh herbs (mixed), finely chopped
50g rolled oats
100g grated cheddar cheese
Teaspoon English mustard powder
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 6/400F/200C or 180C Fan oven
- Fry onion in oil until golden brown and softened, add all other hard ingredients and fry for a few minutes, add tinned tomatoes and heat through
- Turn into greased shallow oven dish
- Add fresh tomatoes, season to taste and mix herbs in.
- To make topping, rub butter/margarine into flour to make fine breadcrumbs, add herbs, oats, mustard and cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle on top of vegetable mix and press down gently.
- Put in oven for 30-40minutes until golden brown and veg mix is bubbling hot