Baked goat's cheese tartlet with pickled cucumber
Starters and soups
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 350g goat's cheese
- 100ml double cream
- A few chopped chives
- 200ml cider
- Rocket leaves
- 80g peas
- Olive oil
- 50g broad beans
- Half a cucumber
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 12 Spears of English asparagus
- 4 Sheets filo pastry
- Roll out the filo pastry, folding to create a circular shape, bake for 3 minutes at 200c until golden.
- Soften the goats cheese adding 100ml double cream and fold a few chopped chives through the mixture. Season.
- Spoon mixture onto tart case and bake for 3-4 minutes at 200c.
- Slice cucumber thinly and cover in cider vinegar 100ml sprinkle with salt, put to one side.
- Break the woody tips off of the asparagus. Add asparagus, broad beans and peas to a pot of boiling water to boil for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and drain off water.
- Remove tartlets from the oven.
- Add boiled vegetables to rocket or other mixed leaf salad.
- For the dressing pour over 1 tbsp of olive oil, season, add cider vinegar, cider and mix the vegetables and leaves to coat in dressing.
To serve, cross over the lightly boiled asparagus, add sprinkling of the salad. Place the tart on top of the salad garnish and then delicately place pickled cucumber slices around the outside of the plate for an acidic element to the dish.