- Serves: 8
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 2 lemons
- 2 good tablespoonfuls of white sugar
This recipe is from Miss Penketh's recipe book. She was the Erddig housekeeper over 100 years ago. School groups make this recipe every morning in the Erddig kitchen.
- Grate the peel from 2 lemons
- Put the grated peel into a bowl with 2 good tablespoonfuls of white sugar
- Carefully pour over a little boiling water and stir till the sugar is dissolved
- Cut the lemons in half and squeeze. Add the juice to the sugar mixture
- Strain into a jug and dilute with cold water to taste. Makes a jug of lemonade
- The lemonade can be chilled and decorated with mint leaves
At Erddig, our school groups can't wait, and drink it straight away.