Our best February half-term events
If you're stuck for ideas of what to do this February half-term then let us inspire you with these ideas for great days out with your family.
Despite the recent weather it’s the perfect opportunity for the whole family to create special memories at some of our places. Across the country, many of our places will be hosting fun family events during the half-term weeks, from trails and craft activities to building dens. You can even tick off some of your 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾, such as cooking on a campfire and making some wild art.
Some of our places are holding big events over half-term especially to help your children tick off some of their 50 things.
* Lyme Park, Cheshire, is our best place in the country to build a den, and you can try stone skimming on the lake
* The Big Tree Climb at The Vyne, Hampshire
* Discover your wild side at the Stackpole 50 things challenge, Pembrokeshire
* Fly a kite at Kite Chaos! at Carding Mill Valley and the Shropshire Hills, Shropshire
* Join the RSPB for a 50 things weekend at Powis Castle, Powys
* Make your own kite at Sheffield Park, East Sussex
* Build a bird box at Tredegar House, Newport
* Plant it, grow it and eat it at Trelissick Garden, Cornwall
Join us for some free outdoor escapades and family adventures. Pull on your wellies and pack those marshmallows, its going to get exciting...
* Step back in time, light a campfire and toast some marshmallows with Bewick's Boredom Busters at Cherryburn, Northumberland
* Pull on your wellies and try your hand at bushcraft and campfire cooking at Cotehele in Cornwall
* Join us for Explorer Monday, Foodie Tuesday, Wild Wednesday, Adventure Thursday and Fab Friday at Gibside, Tyne & Wear
* Have a go at den-building at Studland, Dorset and Wimpole Estate, Cambridgeshire
* Bash & Burn Day - let off some steam by helping us to clear the bushes and light a campfire at Mortehoe, Devon
* Use a handheld GPS to discover hidden mini treasures at Nostell Priory, West Yorkshire
If your children are Horrible Histories fans or like nothing better than dressing up then we've got loads to keep your family entertained this half-term, whatever the weather throws at us.
* Dress up at the Knights and Princesses Week at Waddesdon Manor, Buckinghamshire
* Try a game of Tudor Family Fortunes at Tudor Merchant's House in Tenby, Pembrokeshire
* Explore an Anglo Saxon royal burial ground on our Gruesome graves tour at Sutton Hoo, Suffolk
* Have a go at some Tudor games in the Great Hall at Rufford Old Hall, Lancashire
Trails - indoors and outdoors
Pick up a trail sheet at many of our places this half-term holiday - a really useful way for the whole family to enjoy your day out.
* The castle returns to life after the winter, at Bodiam Castle, East Sussex
* Garden trails - an excellent way to explore our parks and gardens and we have them at many places including Claremont Landscape Garden and Polesden Lacey, Surrey
* Follow the clues for a prize around the abbey, water garden and medieval deer park at Fountains Abbey, North Yorkshire
* Try the Fab Feb trail at Tyntesfield near Bristol
* Grab your wellies and try the Playful Journeys at Baddesley Clinton, Warwickshire
* Kids can follow the Bug Trail at Speke Hall, Liverpool, and discover the tiny bugs that can damage books and tapestries at the hall
* Follow the Jack Frost garden trail at Croft Castle, Hertfordshire
* Inquisitive kids will enjoy using their science toolkit on the Science Quest at Cragside, Northumberland
* There are indoor and outdoor trails on offer at Standen, West Sussex
We have some of the best places to see lovely springtime flowers and native and visiting wildlife .
* Join us for Snowdrop Week at Newark Park, Gloucestershire
* Wildlife Week at Mottisfont, Hampshire
* Spot the Canada geese on a Wild Welly Walk at Packwood House, West Midlands
* Join the rangers and help them measure and survey the ancient trees at Wallington, Northumberland
* Hunt for minibeasts at Erddig, Wrexham
* Take the ranger-guided Snowdrop Walk at Downhill House, County Londonderry
* Lend a helping hand to wildlife at Murlough National Nature Reserve, County Down
* Come to Bird Box Day at Springhill, County Londonderry
Wild art and craft activities
What could be more fun than a bit of mud painting or crafty sticking?
* Get crafty with some winter wassailing craft activities at Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire
* Create some wild art at Cotehele, Cornwall
* Make your own pet dragonfly at Funky Flying Things, Fountains Abbey, North Yorkshire
* Bird box building at Kedleston Hall, Derbyshire and Fountains Abbey, North Yorkshire
Try something new...
Our places are so varied and so are the events that they are holding - take a look at the places near you and see if they've something special going on this half-term. You might be surprised...
* Become a master chef at the Family Cookery School at Waddesdon Manor, Buckinghamshire
* Try some of the unusual sports linked to Knightshayes Court in Devon - anyone for croquet?
* Discover more about the night skies and photography at the Dark Sky Discovery Days at Lacock Abbey in Wiltshire
* Bring your teddy bear to Corfe Castle, Dorset, and let them try the Teddy Zipwire
* Try your hand at printing and painting in the Mulberry Room at Chartwell, Kent
* Make your very own pet dragonfly, or try building a bird box, at Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal, North Yorkshire