We've got plenty of ideas to keep you and your little ones busy this summer, from days exploring our play field to our special events, including canoeing and outdoor theatre. With so much on, we've made a summer adventure planner that you can download and pin to your fridge to make sure you don't miss a thing - there's even some inspiration for fun 50 Things activities to try any day you visit.
Don't miss our family trails every day of the school holidays - search for hidden clues around our grounds and see if you can find the answers and claim your prize. This summer, you can go wild in the woods on our nature trails or search for animal agents with our First World War trails. Trails are £2.50 per child and available from 10am - 4pm.
Shoulder of Mutton play field
Are you brave enough to run through the Pipe Monster? Our Shoulder of Mutton playing field near the Orchard is a natural playground featuring loads of things to explore. There's also sports equipment you can borrow free of charge to try out table tennis, volleyball and more, and traditional swings for little ones.
Have you spotted our natural play trail hidden in the woods? Have a look on your next visit and test your balance on the beams, or see if you make it across the stepping stones.
Time to tick off:
1: Climb a tree
See what you can spot from new heights.
18: Create some wild art
See what materials you can find in the woodland and let your imagination run wild!
44: Go bird watching
There are lots of birds in our woods at this time of year: come and see what you can spot.
Fun whatever the weather
Come rain or shine
- Wrap up well and rainy days can be great fun. Why not:
- Splash in some puddles (don't forget your wellies)
- Explore the mansion (open daily from 1 March) and try our children's trail
- Find some great children's books in our bookshop: perfect for rainy day reads
- Warm up with a treat in our café: children's lunchboxes also available
- Walk through the woodland and hear the rain pattering on the leaves