Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- The phonograph playing Kipling's verse set to music
- The pet's graveyard
- The newsreel of Kipling on the ipad in the study
- A 1930's radio playing extracts of Kipling's unusual life
- Our busy beehives
- The alphabet necklace from the Just So Story
- The wonderfully scented herb border
- Poet's Corner - take time to read a poem or two sitting by the river
Are you up for the 50 things to do before your 11¾ challenge? Start ticking them off your list at Bateman's. You can fly a kite, climb a hill, hunt for bugs or call an owl. Discover the full list of outdoor adventures on the 50 Things website and start earning your badges
Our inspirational Head Gardener Len and his team have been working hard to ensure the garden is full of life and is perfect for you to admire. Here at Bateman's we pride ourselves on ethical gardening as we believe Mother Nature knows best. We work with her at all times.