Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- The phonograph playing Kipling's verse set to music
- The pet's graveyard
- The newsreel of Kipling on the ipad in the study
- A 1930's radio playing extracts of Kipling's unusual life
- Our busy beehives
- The alphabet necklace from the Just So Story
- The wonderfully scented herb border
- Poet's Corner - take time to read a poem or two sitting by the river
Are you up for the 50 things to do before your 11¾ challenge? Start ticking them off your list at Bateman's. You can fly a kite, climb a hill, hunt for bugs or call an owl. Discover the full list of outdoor adventures on the 50 Things website and start earning your badges
Snowdrops are here
It's an exciting time our first snowdrops have arrived showing off their pure white hats in style. We have many different varieties of these delicate flowers giving us a stunning picture over our woodland and gardens. These perennials flowering plants are native to Europe and flower between January and April. Come and see the show.