Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- The phonograph playing Kipling's verse set to music
- The pet's graveyard
- The newsreel of Kipling on the ipad in the study
- A 1930's radio playing extracts of Kipling's unusual life
- Our busy beehives
- The alphabet necklace from the Just So Story
- The wonderfully scented herb border
- Poet's Corner - take time to read a poem or two sitting by the river
Are you up for the 50 things to do before your 11¾ challenge? Start ticking them off your list at Bateman's. You can fly a kite, climb a hill, hunt for bugs or call an owl. Discover the full list of outdoor adventures on the 50 Things website and start earning your badges
A carpet of blue scilla
Spring has arrived. The sun is streaming through the woods and onto our wild gardens flowers. Standing proud are large beds of blue Scilla Litardierei flowers. These are sometimes confused with the Bluebell flower but we hope you can spot the difference when you come and see them looking so good here at Bateman's. They have most recently been classified as belonging to the Asparagaceae family. Come and see the spring show.