Spring Chicken Casserole
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
300g small new potatoes
425ml vegetable stock
350g broccoli, cut into small florets
350g spring greens, shredded
140g frozen peas
bunch spring onion, sliced
2 tbsp pesto
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan.
- Add the onion, gently fry for 5 mins until softened, add the chicken, then fry until lightly coloured.
- Add the potatoes, stock and plenty of freshly ground black pepper, then bring to the boil.
- Cover, then simmer for 30 mins until chicken is cooked.
- Add the broccoli, spring greens, petit pois and spring onions, stir well, then return to the boil.
- Cover, then cook for 5 mins more, stir in the pesto and serve