Belton International Horse Trials 2014
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
One Ticket - One Belton
For the first time, the National Trust and Bede Events have teamed up to make the Belton International Horse Trials a whole-property event.
Not just a world-class equestrian event, the Horse Trials (4 - 6 April) also includes a dog agility show, the Grantham Classic Car Club and a 10km charity run. There will be lots of activities to keep the whole family entertained, from a Victorian fun fair and garden games to a puppet theatre and orienteering challenges, plus shopping and catering outlets across the site.
If you’re thinking about coming to the Horse Trials this weekend, here is some useful information to help plan your visit.
- The Horse Trials begin at 8am daily with eventing finishing between 5 and 6pm. Click here for a full programme of arena events.
- National Trust shops, cafés and gardens will be open as usual from 9.30am - 17.30pm.
- You can enter the property via the usual Belton Village gates or alternatively via the Lion Gates, which are located on Londonthorpe Road in Grantham.
- There's free car parking in our main visitor car park and also within the Horse Trials event site.
- If the main car park becomes full, visitors will be directed via Five Gates Road towards the Lion Gates entry. In this event, please follow the yellow directional signage.
- We ask that drivers respect the wishes of Belton residents and do not park in the village.
- Admission to the event is free for all National Trust members at BOTH entrances. Don't forget your membership card because we won't be able to check membership from a remote location.
- Full price tickets will be available on the event days at both entrance points dependent on availability. A ticket will give you access to the whole site including the Horse Trials. Friday tickets: £10, Saturday or Sunday tickets: £15.
- Paying visitors can buy advance tickets at a reduced rate by going to The Belton International Horse Trials website
- NOTE: There are no credit card facilities at the admission points and no cash machine on site.
Fun for Families
- Discovery Centre Take part in seasonal craft activities, borrow materials to explore the gardens and parkland and discover more about Belton's stories. Fri - Sun FREE
- Wildlife Explorers’ Club Hands-on wildlife themed activities. Meet in the Discovery Centre – small charge applies. Saturday morning 10am - 12
- Fools Puppet Theatre A time travellers’ medley with a cast of characters from long ago. Meet the Doctor of Huntington who knows the mystery of Hidden Beauty and can cure all ills. Drop-in puppet shows for all the family performed at intervals throughout the day. FREE in the Stable Yard. Saturday and Sunday.
- Family Orienteering Meet at the Play tent on the Oval at 11am or 1pm to join the orienteering challenge through the gardens. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. FREE
- Belton to Bellmount Tower Walk Join Ranger, Peter Morris, for this special walk to Bellmount Tower, Belton's hill top folly, enjoying views over Belton en route. Sunday 6 April. Advance booking recommended. Tickets £5. Meet at Visitor Reception. 1pm - 2.30pm.
- Family Games Meet us at the Play tent to pick up a family trail or enjoy a range of traditional garden games on the Oval. FREE
- Ride Play Café Let the kids run off steam in the Ride adventure play space while you relax over a hot drink and home made cake. FREE
- Outdoor Adventure Playground Take a wander down to Lincolnshire's largest adventure playground to hop on board the Moondial miniature train and zoom the zip wires! FREE