Eating & shopping
You can choose from homemade cakes and biscuits, flans, soup and heartier lunches in our tea-room, which was originally the servants' hall. Wherever possible, we use ingredients grown in the walled garden or locally produced, so our menu is fresh, seasonal and something a little bit different.
Berrington has a very productive walled garden even in winter which is lovingly cared for by our volunteer gardening team. We always try to supply the tea-room with nearly all of its seasonal fruit, vegetables and salad requests so that you can enjoy something fresh from the garden each time you visit
- Our menu includes light bites, sandwiches, hot lunches, homemade cakes and afternoon teas
- If you're planning a walk, why not ask for your food to be made to take away with you
- Roast lunches at weekends
- Groups can be catered for if reserved in advance
- Children’s meals, bottle warming facilities and high chairs are available
- Seating inside the old servants hall or outside in the courtyard
- Open from 10am when the house is open
The harness room gift shop
Our shop is located in the old harness room off the main courtyard and is stocked with a wide range of gifts and treats. Drop in for present ideas including books, jewellery and much more. With the equestrian exhibits on display you'll also find locally produced chutneys and beer as well as our own branded shortbread. The Berrington gardening team are also pleased to offer seasonal plants and vegetables direct from our garden.
Our bookshop is housed in the historic stables. We receive books donated by our supporters on a daily basis. These include everything from the latest bestsellers to hard-to-find and even antiquarian editions. Whether you are a casual reader or just want to complete a collection, our bookshop is sure to offer some surprise choices.