Yorkshire's climbing haven
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Try out the Tracker Pack!
Each pack consists of an easy-to-carry backpack, an activity booklet and props to help you complete the activities . The Tracker Packs are free to use and can be taken out from the Day Maker gazebo or the Visitor Centre. You can book them out for a group here.
Geocaching is an exciting outdoor treasure hunt for the whole family. A geocache or 'cache' is a small waterproof treasure box hidden outdoors. Geocachers seek out these hidden goodies guided by a GPS-enabled device that uses co-ordinates or ‘waypoints,' downloaded from www.geocaching.com or www.opencaching.com.
You'll find all kinds of hidden treasure at Brimham Rocks, as well as ticking off another thing on your 50 Things to do before you're 11 3/4. Pack up a picnic and start your geocaching adventure.
- You'll need a GPS device (or smartphone) - don't forget batteries
- Find a cache near you on www.geocaching.com (you'll need to sign up)
- Choose a cache and enter the coordinates into your GPS
- Follow your GPS towards the spot - then use your wits to find it
- Fill out the logbook and return the cache to its hiding place