Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- A coastal walk with views of Europe's longest shingle bank
- Watching the sun set over Lyme Bay from the beach or clifftops
- The unspoilt and easily accessible beach
- Great food and amazing views at the award-winning Hive Beach Café
- A stroll around the pretty village, tucked away behind the beach
- A friendly chat with our knowledgeable car park team
- Tamarisk Farm Shop's delicious organic meat
From 18 July
Beach volleyball is returning for the school summer holidays. This year, it will be available from Saturday to Wednesday every week, weather permitting. Hopefully this means more people can try their hand at this fun sport. The perfect way to earn that ice cream from Hive Beach Café .
All that fresh sea air will give you an appetite - a great excuse to sample some of the scrumptious food available in the local area. Why not treat yourself at the award-winning Hive Beach Café.
The nearby farm shops are the ideal place to buy tasty treats for a picnic hamper. A true taste of West Dorset for food-lovers.
Are you up for an outdoor adventure? Our rangers certainly were as they went den building and ticked off number 4 on the list of 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾. Follow their lead and see how many activities you can complete on your next visit.