Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Hive Beach is a dog-friendly place to bring your pet but please work with us and always clean up after your dog. Do keep your dog under control where livestock are grazing and respect other beach users.
From 1 June until the end of September, restrictions apply but dogs are welcome on at least part of the beach all year round (see signage at the beach for more details).
- A coastal walk with views of Chesil Beach, the longest shingle bank in Europe
- Watching the sun set over Lyme Bay from the beach or clifftops
- The unspoilt and easily accessible beach
- Great food and amazing views at the award-winning Hive Beach Café
- Spectacular views from Portland Bill to Start Point on a clear day
- A stroll around the pretty village, tucked away behind the beach
- A friendly chat with our knowledgeable car park team
- Tamarisk Farm Shop's delicious organic meat
Burton Bradstock is the ideal place for year-round walking. The warm sun of a lovely spring day can give the very best views along the Jurassic Coast. Out of season the South West Coast Path is much quieter too, so you can really appreciate the tranquility of the surroundings and those incredible views.
Sunday 27 April, 11am-1pm
We're looking for volunteers to lend a hand at the 26th annual Great Dorset Beach Clean. Join one of our rangers at Seatown, Burton Bradstock or Cogden beach as we tidy up the debris from the recent storms. All equipment will be provided so all you need to do is bring your friends.
Are you up for an outdoor adventure in 2014? This year we're aiming to really promote each different activity on the 50 things to do before you’re 11¾ list. We hope that by showing you the best places to do each 50 things activity in West Dorset, and holding some special 50 things events, families can have unforgettable experiences while exploring our special places.