Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- A coastal walk with views of Europe's longest shingle bank
- Watching the sun set over Lyme Bay from the beach or clifftops
- The unspoilt and easily accessible beach
- Great food and amazing views at the award-winning Hive Beach Café
- A stroll around the pretty village, tucked away behind the beach
- A friendly chat with our knowledgeable car park team
- Tamarisk Farm Shop's delicious organic meat
This stretch of the South West Coast Path is an atmospheric setting for the hit TV programme Broadchurch. The unmistakable golden cliffs to the west of Hive Beach have a starring role. Why not visit during this quieter season? Early spring days with clear blue skies often provide magnificent views on a walk along the Jurassic Coast.
All that fresh sea air will give you an appetite - a great excuse to sample some of the scrumptious food available in the local area. Why not treat yourself at the award-winning Hive Beach Café.
The nearby farm shops are the ideal place to buy tasty treats for a picnic hamper. A true taste of West Dorset for food-lovers.
Wildlife to watch for in March:
Birds: It's still possible to see jack snipe before they depart for the summer. But look out for redstart which should be arriving this month.
Plants: Banks and road verges are bursting forth with the first signs of the new season. Find out what's in bloom at our South West places in spring.
Are you up for an outdoor adventure? Our rangers certainly were as they went den building and ticked off number 4 on the list of 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾. Follow their lead and see how many activities you can complete on your next visit.