Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Saturday 19 September, 11am-4pm
Learn more about sending secret messages across long distance through the ages and historic features that can be seen along our coastline. We'll have lots of hands on activities to try at this free, family friendly event.
- A coastal walk with views of Europe's longest shingle bank
- Watching the sun set over Lyme Bay from the beach or clifftops
- The unspoilt and easily accessible beach
- Great food and amazing views at the award-winning Hive Beach Café
- A stroll around the pretty village, tucked away behind the beach
- A friendly chat with our knowledgeable car park team
- Tamarisk Farm Shop's delicious organic meat
Are you up for an outdoor adventure? Our rangers certainly were as they went den building and ticked off number 4 on the list of 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾. Follow their lead and see how many activities you can complete on your next visit.
Go car free this autumn and enjoy a care free coast walk through National Trust countryside. Why not follow the South West Coast Path from Abbotsbury to West Bay? You can stop for lunch at the Hive Beach Café and use the X53 bus service to return to your start point.
All that fresh sea air will give you an appetite - a great excuse to sample some of the scrumptious food available in the local area. Why not treat yourself at the award-winning Hive Beach Café.
The nearby farm shops are the ideal place to buy tasty treats for a picnic hamper. A true taste of West Dorset for food-lovers.