Mrs Horton's Charlecote herb stuffing cakes
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 250g (8oz) stale white bread
- 4 or 5 sage leaves
- A handful of mixed fresh herbs, according to choice and availability
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1 small egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop bread into fine crumbs.
- Chop sage leaves and other herbs finely.
- Chop onion very finely.
- Mix all together with salt and pepper.
- Combine well with a beaten egg.
- Make into small cakes and fry in butter until brown.
- Serve with roast meats.