Aspects of Churchill: Churchill in power
'Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.'
In the following essays, our room stewards explore Churchill's time serving as a politician and his impact on both the First and Second World Wars.
The series as a whole discusses aspects of Churchill's life. It's written to be accessible to anyone looking to learn about one of Britain's greatest leaders.
- Nigel Guest provides a brief introduction to Churchill's speeches
- Brian Finlayson takes a look at Churchill's successes in Churchill's triumphs
- Brian then turns to the other side of the coin in Churchill's failures
- Douglas Austin explores Life on the Home Front
- Helen Goodall branches out to discuss Churchill and his wife's relationship with Russia in Churchill and Russia
- Roger Edwards delves into Churchill's relationship with the secret services in Secret Churchill
- John Whaler analyses Churchill the politician
These essays all open as PDFs.