What will you discover?
Whether in the house or in the garden, there's plenty to discover at Chastleton for families. Pack a hamper for an early picnic lunch, then make your way down to the footpath to our Visitor reception where you can pick up your special Explorer pack. If there's a wait to get into the house, or if you're just visiting the garden today, ask for our special garden trails too. You'll be using your binoculars, tape measure and magnifying glass to find out all about our secret garden and the creatures who live in it. Or maybe you'd like to investigate the house? Using our 400th birthday trail, find out all about the families who lived here - how they lived, how they kept warm - and discover the surprising lessons they can teach us today about how to save energy and be careful with our planet's resources. And don't forget to play hide and seek in the topiary garden before you go.
- Chastleton House can often sell out during busy holiday periods
- Arrive in good time to visit the house as places are limited
- Picnic in the car park overlooking the Evenlode valley
- Enjoy the family garden trails
- Pick up fresh fruit for a snack in season
- Remember to ask about the Secret Room...
- ...and make sure you play hide and seek
Explorer packs are a great way to discover the house - ask for them at Visitor reception. Our friendly volunteers will give you a few clues. Learn about the families who lived here, some myths, legends and Gunpowder Plot secrets. There's so much to discover.