Facilities & access
- The Courtyard tea-room serves a seasonal menu, cream teas, homemade cakes, hot and cold drinks and snacks
- A seasonal kiosk near the ticket office serves hot and cold drinks and snacks
- The gift shop has a variety of food, garden and locally sourced gift ideas
- The free car park is 40m from the ticket office and visitor centre. Entrance to castle and gardens is 180m up a steep hill. A courtesy coach may be running - please call for availability. One-way system on driveway, please follow signs to entrance
- Two electric car charging points are available near the car park
- Dogs welcome on the estate on a lead, assistance dogs only please in the formal gardens, Pleasure Ground Wood and tea-room. Dog waste bins are available in the car park and on the woodland walk.
Family & children
- Family activity rooms and dressing up areas
- Childrens trail through the house
- Giant-sized family games in the gardens
- Children's play areas and den building area next to ticket office
- Baby changing facilties at visitor center and castle courtyard
- Mobility parking for blue badge holders
- Adapted toilet at visitor centre and castle courtyard
- No lift to upper floors - wheelchair access to lower East Wing rooms only.
- Grounds - three wheelchairs available, booking advisable
- Please check our Access Statement if more details are required. This can be found on our website, or contact us for a copy.